Monday, May 4, 2015

Notes towards a re-make of 'Сталкер'

"I'm off for lunch," I said; "I'll be back after two pints. Don't let Another Kiwi play with the Morphogenic Field Flux Intensifier. Especially don't let him intensify the foxes-and-sandwiches narrative."
But did anyone listen? DID THEY BOGROLL. Now foxes (the little foxes, that spoil the vineyards) are displaying advanced sammich-making capabilities. If this trend continues, soon they will be adopting appropriate Underpeople names like F'red and F'rank and operating their own franchises of the Prêt à Manger fastfood chain.
"No-one will think of blaming Riddled," said tigris reassuringly. "Everyone will think it was the fault of the foxes' exposure to the influence of the incomprehensible artefacts abandoned in the Alienation Zone."

6 comments:

rhwombat said...

Vulpine punk stalkers of Artemisia vulgaris (mugwort or common wormwood, which is чорнобиль or "chornobyl").

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

You think this is bad, just wait until they learn how to brew latte.
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Goodbye sour grapes, hello sourdough!

rhwombat said...

Aesopose you deserve applause for that B4.

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

i got the reference to cordwainer smith, but somehow hadn't heard of the movie you're referencing

and it was interesting to see how a word's meaning can go off in different directions

there's a nice four minute video on the selectively bred domesticated foxes at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFGNQScRNY

JP said...

Oh man, those domesticated foxes from Russia - I've wanted one for a long time, but they are expensive and I don't think I am in a place in my life where I can handle a pet yet anyway. I am managing houseplants.

mistah charley: I highly recommend Stalker, and also Solaris and Andrei Rublev. A Tarkovsky marathon definitely requires caffeine and not alcohol, though.